Director Floria Sigismondi has been working on The Runaways, a biopic movie based on the story the 1970s all-girl rock band of the same name. The film is starring Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning, Stella Maeve, Scout Taylor-Compton, and Michael Shannon. Here below the official movie trailer of The Runaways:
"Of all the bands to come out of the 1970s Los Angeles music scene, The Runaways are by far the most uniquely fascinating. This is partially due to their music but more so to the fact that they were teenage girls whose wild and reckless lifestyle was the stuff of legend. Focusing on the duo of guitarist/vocalist Joan Jett and lead vocalist Cherie Currie as they navigate a rocky road of touring and record-label woes, the film chronicles the band’s formation as well as their meteoric rise under the malevolent eye of an abusive manager."
- Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett, co-founding member and rhythm guitarist of the band.
- Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie, the band's lead vocalist.
- Scout Taylor-Compton as Lita Ford, the band's lead guitarist.
- Stella Maeve as Sandy West, co-founding member and drummer of the band.
- Hannah Marks as Tammy, the band's groupie.
- Alia Shawkat as Robin, the band's fictional bassist.
- Riley Keough, as Marie Currie, identical twin sister of Cherie Currie (although portrayed as fraternal twins in the film).
- Michael Shannon as Kim Fowley, the band's manager and producer.
- Keir O'Donnell as Rodney Bingenheimer, radio DJ.
With Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning in the cast of the Runaways movie, I bet this movie is going to rock